Unified communications (UCaaS) and contact center (CCaaS) products are making some dramatic improvements to the way healthcare organizations communicate. Using cloud technology, UCaaS and CCaaS applications streamline communication, increase productivity, and facilitate better collaboration for busy healthcare teams.
Using UCaaS and CCaaS services benefits all kinds of healthcare operations by enhancing communication and information strategies so all healthcare professionals can deliver better care to their patients.
Contact Centers and Unified Communications in Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to make mistakes. Clear and efficient communication between patients and healthcare staff could make all the difference in the quality of care a patient receives – it can even help save lives. By using UCaaS and CCaaS platforms, healthcare experts spend less of their time dealing with hangups caused by bogged-down communications channels and more of their time focusing on patient care. This also increases productivity, which then supports the healthcare provider’s bottom line.
Additionally, UCaaS and CCaaS products allow medical practices to branch out and serve more populations through telemedicine. This means that more people can have access to the quality healthcare they deserve. Working with CCaaS and UCaaS providers makes it easy for medical professionals to expand their networks and communicate with colleagues around the world.
Contact Center and Unified Communications Benefits in the Healthcare Industry
Before we dive into the specific benefits that UCaaS and CCaaS platforms offer the healthcare industry, let’s take a look at some of the broader functions of these tools.
UCaaS services provide affordable, flexible, and secure communications channels for both small and large-scale business operations. Here are a few examples of unified communications features that are included in UCaaS platforms:
- Making and receiving calls from a computer or mobile device
- Using messaging features like text or chat, cloud faxing, and voicemail-to-email integration
- Accessing, forwarding, and saving voicemail messages
- Creating master contact lists
- Viewing call history and missed calls
- Automating receptionist functions
- Transferring calls
An effective CCaaS platform combines all aspects of the customer communications journey into a single interface for contact center representatives to use. And here are a few examples of general features that are included in contact center platforms:
- Call routing
- Software analytics tracking
- Customer experience tracking
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Call recording and management
Now that we’ve outlined the general functionality of these tools, let’s dive into the specific benefits UCaaS and CCaaS have to offer the healthcare industry.
- Streamlined Connectivity: UCaaS and CCaaS software combines all communication technology into single-use platforms. This makes it easy for healthcare workers to review patient questions, connect with other healthcare teams, and collaborate with each other. This streamlined connectivity saves busy medical professionals time and allows for better communication both internally and externally.
- Enhanced Patient Experience: Fast and accurate communication can make the difference between life and death in the healthcare industry. UCaaS and CCaaS platforms ensure that healthcare teams can respond quickly in emergency situations. UCaaS and CCaaS solutions provide automation strategies that help keep everyone on the same page when it comes to patient care. This includes streamlining the management of important patient documents such as billing information and medical records.
- Stronger Data Security and Data Insights: UCaaS and CCaaS solutions can be built to support HIPAA rules and keep patient data secure and confidential. Keeping your communication data in a centralized platform reduces security risks and gives teams better access and insight into patient information. UCaaS and CCaaS platforms allow medical teams to access data trends relating to peak call times for appointments, for example.
- Seamless Integration: UCaaS and CCaaS platforms easily integrate with your existing phone services, allowing you to call, email, video conference, and text from one platform without having to switch to a different system altogether.
Scale Up Your Healthcare Communications with InterVision
Our managed 8×8 services model gives healthcare organizations the ability to improve their patient care services. 8×8 UCaaS and CCaaS platforms give medical professionals:
- A single system for all types of communications
- Mobile integration software for remote workers
- Public and private chat settings
- HIPAA-compliant security features
- Fully integrated unified messaging
With InterVision’s Managed 8×8 Service, you get the benefit of industry-leading communications without the hassle of managing the platform. Contact us today to learn more about how we can enhance your communications strategy so you and your team can focus on what you do best — making people healthy.
Knowledge is power.
Stay up to date: explore the latest news stories, blogs, webinars, success stories and industry insights.